CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Travel Update


I see that I’ve had some more visitors, so I’m going to give an update…
The dates for the trip are set! My sister got the travel confirmation today! We are leaving Memphis at 6 am (yeah, that means we have to be at the airport at like 4 am! Yippee!) on Tuesday, April 29th. We will have the first 2 days in Beijing, in which we will get to go to The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, possibly an Acrobatics Show, and of course The Great Wall! "Gotcha Day" for my nephew, Owen, is arranged in Guangzhou (southern China) for May 5th...that's right, Cinco de Mayo in China! I wonder if they celebrate Cinco de Mayo...probably not! My sister has their appointment with the consulate on May 13th and we'll be returning to the states on May 15th.
There is a lot to do between now & then, both at home & with work, so you can bet that I’ve been keeping busy! I’m excited & nervous at the same time, as you can see from my travel map at the bottom of my page, I haven’t traveled outside of North America (I’m looking forward to adding China to that map!), so I am certain that I’m in for some culture shock. That’s alright…I’m ready to explore things I’ve never seen before, eat some crazy Chinese food, and bring home my beautiful nephew to spoil!

0 comments: