CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1 Week!

Well, folks...only 1 week left and I will be on my way to Beijing!
For those of you who might not know that much about what's done on these adoption trips, here's our trip itinerary:

4/29 - Fly to Chicago, then on to Beijing
4/30 - Arrive in Beijing
5/1 - Rest day & explore on our own
5/2 & 5/3 - Beijing tours
5/4 - Depart for Tianjin
5/5 - Gotcha Owen!
5/6 - Adoption Registration & Notarization
5/7 - 5/9 - Free time in Tianjin
5/10 - Depart for Guangzhou (White Swan... here we come!)
5/11 - Free day in Guangzhou
5/12 - Owen's visa photo & physical
5/13 - Consulate Appointment
5/14 - Oath at the U.S. Consulate
5/15 - Fly to Hong Kong, then on to Chicago and HOME

So much to do between now & then! Thankfully I am caught up with most of my work stuff. At home, I have already taken care of organizing my bills that need to be paid while I'm gone, I've got most of my toiletries already purchased, and I have an idea of all the clothes I am going to take. So, all I need to do is pack! Really, that's easier said than done, because I have to pack for my time in Memphis (before & after the China trip) and for work, as I will start back to work with a 2-day meeting in Nashville. I won't actually make it back to Knoxville until May 23rd. This Thursday night, I'm going to have a "packing party" with one of my dearest friends, Erica, since she is so sad to see me leave Knoxville for a month (I am actually leaving this Friday to spend the weekend in Memphis before we fly out). I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't for her, because she is going to watch my house, get my mail and manage some of my bills for me while I'm gone. Is that a great friend or what??

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so excited for yall! I really hope you can access your blog while you're there because I don't think I can wait that long for news!